CUAS is a university of applied sciences in the south of Austria and has 2500 students and is running 32 bachelor and master programs in engineering, health and business. The Department of Engineering & IT, Villach is one of the four locations of the university, running 12 study programs. The study programs have been established in accordance with the demands of industry and are therefore designed to provide students with a fundamental scientific as well as specific vocational training. Our well trained and well experienced teaching staff is recruited either from industrial or/and university backgrounds or, in general, possesses teaching experience of in higher education fields.
Teaching is performed in small groups, which also contributes to the effectiveness of the courses.
Moreover, the school offers evening study programs for working students. The institute’s research focus is on applied research and development in the areas of microelectronic and systems integration.
CUAS is involved in national and international projects on e-learning. One research focus is technology-enhanced learning (Centre of Competence „e-learning and Online Labs“):
– Practicum to Improve Ukrainian eLearning System (Tempus SCM – grant holder)
– Development of a joint curricula for a joint EU Master of Remote Engineering (Erasmus – coordinator)
– Projects in Training in advanced Remote Engineering Technologies (Erasmus – coordinator)
– Virtual Electronic Laboratory & Online Lab Austria founded by the Austrian ministry of education (coordinator) – Strategy of Implementation of eLearning in Universities of Applied Sciences in Austria.
– Strategy of Implementation of eLearning in Universities of Applied Sciences in Austria.